Friday, January 8, 2010

The Day After...

We spent our wedding night at the romantic, luxurious River Inn of Harbor Town overlooking the Mississippi River. The next morning we woke up, had breakfast at the Inn, and traveled back to Somerville where we had lunch with family at my grandparents house.

My grandmother is a fabulous cook and makes a large meal every Sunday after church.  Anyone and everyone are welcome as we often have visitors who temporarily join the family for an afternoon.  It is a tradition I have treasured since childhood and one of the things I miss most about life in Tennessee.  I have been blessed with a wonderful, large family and until recently we have all lived within 30 minutes of each other -- this includes all uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, siblings, ect.

After enjoying lunch, we went to my parents house and opened wedding presents.  Then we got ready for our "Day After" session with our photographer.  Of course I was excited to wear my wedding dress one more time :)  We spent the afternoon in downtown Memphis in places that were important to us and our relationship.




The ring on my right hand was my something blue -- a gift from my father that he purchased while traveling in Indonesia.


The Cheese Cake Corner will always have a special place in my heart.  It is the site where David and I spent our first Valentines together.  Also, it played an important role in our engagement.  David sent me on a scavenger hunt to find him and this was one of the stops along the way.  For anyone visiting Memphis, they have amazingly delicious cheese cakes.




For most of our dating relationship, I lived on Mud Island and David lived a mile or two away in Uptown.  We spent a great deal of our time in the riverside park on the island.  We loved the park and often went on runs or walks together along the river.






A bench that we often watched the sunset from...



I always hate to admit that I met my husband at a bar -- but here is the site of our first meeting in 2006.  It's not as bad as it sounds -- we were both attending a University of Tennessee function that happened to be at TJ Mulligans in downtown Memphis.  He was in medical school and I in nursing school - we were introduced by mutual friends.





We ended the night on Beale Street with the Beale Street Flippers.  They graciously accepted our photographer's inquiry to flip in front of us.



By the way, our photographer was Studio J in Memphis and he did such a fabulous job.

This ended our first day as a married couple....... on to the Honeymoon!






1 comment: