Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christmas in Somerville

My thoughful family celebrated Christmas a few days early so that David and I would be there with them. On Saturday we celebrated with my dad's family with a big, yummy meal, lots of desserts, family time, and presents.

Christmas always begins with Pawpaw's famous sausage and cheese balls - This year they were gone in record time...

Two of my most favorite people...

After the sausage balls were gone, Cindy broke into the dessert a little early...

Maggie was very proud of the cookies that she and her mommy made
While waiting to eat, she beat the majority of us at Wii bowling...
Annie and Daniel -- soon to be married!
The present passer-outers...

On Sunday we went to church then to celebrate with my mom's family. Once again we had lots of delicious food.  Everyone was able to be there and we had a great time visiting, eating and opening presents.

Scott, Maria, and Will

My brother, grandfather, and cousin...

All the ladies on my mom's side of the family
My family

David and my dad


That afternoon we exchanged presents with my immediate family.  Maggie felt the need to model all of her new clothes.  She especially loved the ballerina PJ's from me and David.
And her UT Cheerleader Outfit
David can now practice operating at home...

Maggie got a trampoline from my parents.  The question of the day was... how many people does it take to put it together...

After a lot of work, she finally enjoyed jumping for a while before we headed to the airport...



David and I flew back to SLC Sunday night to celebrate Christmas in our new home.  David worked that Monday through Wednesday then we enjoyed a nice, relaxing four days with each other.

We were sad that we weren't able to spend time with David's sisters and their families, but are trying to plan a rendezvous in Birmingham for Meri's first birthday in May.  Hopefully we'll get in some quality time with our other sweet little niece then.

No comments:

Post a Comment