Wednesday, August 10, 2011

June Travels

June was David's last month on the Trauma service. So, while he was busy working I took a long trip - well 2 trips combined - to Fort Worth, TX and Destin, FL.  My job sent me  to Fort Worth for a conference where I presented a paper I had written and submitted for publication (we're still in the editing back and forth process but it looks like it will be published in a journal soon).  Fort Worth was great.  I learned a lot and even presented without faltering like I feared I would.  I even got to see one of my best friends from high school, Katie, who lives in Dallas and I was able to meet her lovely newborn daughter Avery.

Me with a few of my colleagues in Texas.
For some reason my pictures with sweet baby Avery turned out very blury - but here is one of the beautiful girl if you can make it out.

From Fort Worth I flew to Destin to meet up with my family for a vacation on the beach.  We spent 4 great days together soaking up the sun.  Perfect timing too because I was with them for Father's Day and my niece's birthday.

 Me with my parents, sister, and niece before dinner at The Back Porch

With Maggie on the beach 


Maggie and Anna


For Maggie's birthday we all went to the Big Kahuna Water Park
My mom, Maggie, and I in the lazy river

That night we had dinner and a party at Fudpuckers
Maggie and my dad fishing for alligators

The whole crew at Fudpuckers.
3 of my aunts, 2 uncles, 4 cousins, and several friends attended.
Maggie was a little scared of the gator
I can't believe she is 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment