Sunday, January 30, 2011

Napa

After a few days in the Sonoma Valley, we decided to compare it to Napa. I have to say that surprisingly I like Sonoma far better.  Napa had a more uppity feel to it whereas Sonoma felt relaxing, calm. It was smaller, friendlier, and more intimate. In Sonoma, we felt at home - like we could happily live there one day.  Napa - although beautiful- felt very touristy.
Despite my comparison we had a fantastic time.

We had a delicious breakfast then set out to explore.



 



Ofcourse we had to visit Staglin - where they filmed The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan (when she was a cute little girl and had yet to discover drugs and alcohol). Watching that movie makes me want to move to Northern California.


Delectable lunch in Napa.
Delicious - and well worth the wait. If you ever find yourself at Rutherford Grill please order the grilled artichoke.






Stomping the grapes at Grgich


Goodbye Napa - I hope to see you again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, so jealous of your travels! I love the picture of y'all stomping the grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the grape stomping too!! The Rigby's LOVE cakebread wine!!!! Mike already has a bottle waiting for me once Mac is out of my belly!!! These trips look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete