Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to the Grind

We just returned from an amazing vacation sailing around the Virgin Islands with friends.  At first I was hesitant to go.  In some ways it felt wrong to go on a fun vacation after all that has happened, but we booked the trip back in December and had already spent too much money to back out.  It turned out to be great and I think just what I needed.
I'll share more about the trip later.  Right now we're getting back to work and settled in to our routine.

David is now on his trauma rotation - which he loves, but it means longer hours. He'll be working on this team until July when the new residents start and he officially becomes a 3rd year resident- Wow - time flies!  We're excited because Barton (my cousin's cousin, also from Tennessee) has matched in Utah and will begin his residency in orthopedic surgery too.  David still hasn't decided on an area to specialize, but for now he likes Trauma, Pediatrics, and Upper Extremity.  I'm sure he'll change his mind a few more times. He doesn't have to decide for another year or so before applying to fellowship programs which are 1 more year of training. Yeah - these doctors work looooong and hard to provide the best care to patients. When David is finally done with training and working on his own he will have had 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, 5 years of residency, and 1 year of fellowship. Geeze thats a long time.

Besides the massive pile of laundry and very dusty house I need to tackle, I'm feeling very relaxed.
The crystal clear blue waters, bright sunny skies, and white sandy beaches we gazed at for 8 days were good for the soul.  We did a lot of eating, snorkeling, exploring, and relaxing.  I was able to clear my mind and take in all of god's beauty on a daily basis.

I promise to post pictures soon.

Thank you all for the contiued love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment